Cures For That Big Boring Wall
Do you find yourself staring over and over at that big blank boring wall that you still don’t know what to with? Whether you rent or own there are many options to liven up those fearsome walls without breaking the bank. Below are some ideas that might work for you.
1.If you have a fear of being stuck with a whole room filled with wallpaper that is not easy to remove, maybe just do one feature wall to cut down cost, use wall decals, use repositionable wallpaper or use a large blown up photo instead.
2. Have an artistic friend? How about an art school nearby? Ask your friend or ask an art instructor about having students do a mural or repeat a design element already in your home for much less than hiring a professional.
3. Piece together reclaimed wood to create an organic and textural wall. All you need is a hand saw, hammer, and nails. Use the thinnest nails possible to make touch ups easier if you decide to take it down later.
4. Get that box of photos and create a memorable wall of all black and white or all color photos. Tools needed could be as simple as tape or thumbtacks.
5. One of the most economical ideas is to use current or vintage newspapers to create a typography filled wall.
6. If you travel collect maps to use in place of wallpaper. If you like a vintage look the maps can be tea stained for a minimal cost.
Here are some spaces that will hopefully inspire you to banish that boring wall in your home!
Filed under: Art, Artists, Decor, How To, Painting, Photography | 3 Comments
Tags: Art, artist, color, murals, photography, reclaimed wood, solutions for boring walls, using photos as wall art, wall decals, wallpaper, what to do with a large wall